Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend with the Dachshund UN

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I spent Saturday afternoon in the glorious Carlton Gardens in sunny Melbourne. The occasion, Dachshund U.N. – a 2010 Next Wave Festival performance piece by Perth based artist Bennett Miller. For Miller’s piece Dachshund U.N, sausage dogs of all shapes and sizes occupy a scale model of the Geneva UN office. This piece just made me smile, I like a wee dogs and the dachshund is a personal favourite, we used to have a long haired dachs studio dog called Hilary. You can read more about the performance here.
I had hoped to bring you a Saturday afternoon outfit but all I have is this first pic of me engulfed by the beauty of heritage listed The Royal Exhibition Building, enough eye candy I'm sure.

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful way to spend a weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, how funny are these dogs! Dachshund politicians...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so beautiful and sunny there :) I love doggies!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to leave a comment for sleekit x

Related Posts with Thumbnails Bookmark and Share