Monday, February 11, 2013

I won an Oscar (Oscar)


With Oscar season just around the corner, it seems fitting that I should win my very own Oscar by means of a free styling session at Oscar Oscar Salons in Doncaster. A few weeks ago, I was delighted to receive this indulgence upon entering a comp at Lady Melbourne. My name was plucked from a random picker thingo amongst a bevy of hopefuls, lucky me! 
As I mentioned in my previous post, my hair is going through a bit of a faze: my hairdryer blew up (thankfully a replacement will arrive this week!), it's also falling out, not quite alopecia but my brush could host a small wig, it needs help.
With all this in mind and a free do up my sleeve, I booked a styling session with Adrian on Saturday afternoon. Adrain is responsible for Lady Melbourne's locks so I knew I was in good hands.
First impressions were, wow this place is huge, felt like a club with the decor and music pumping but luxurious and opulent. I was guided to my seat by the friendly staff and offered a menu of complimentary beverages and cookies. Thank you. Next, I was treated to a massage as I sat in the chair and almost nodded off, it was FABULOUS. After waking myself up, I was greeted by Adrian, explained my hair predicament and asked him to give me 'Big Hair'! Turns out we are neighbours and have been living in the same hood for many years, who knew.
After a personal selection of potions and conditioners, Adrain worked a little magic on my locks. I wish I had taken a before picture just to show you how bad my hair was. 
Thank you Adrain and team at Oscar Oscar Salons in Doncaster for a very enjoyable afternoon and of course Lady Melbourne for making it happen.


5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful luxurious looking experience! Your hair looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nothing nicer than being pampered.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love to be pampered, nothing nicer indeed x

      Delete
  3. Thank you, it was a lovely day out x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to leave a comment for sleekit x

Related Posts with Thumbnails Bookmark and Share