Monday, October 31, 2011

New York - Halloween

Photobucket
Taken off Bleeker St, NY
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Taken at the Chelsea Market, NY 
Photobucket
Photobucket
Happy Halloween dear readers! Are you a trick or treater?? I used to love Halloween as a kid, would wander the dark streets for hours in search of the best sweeties; a neighbour up the road used to make toffee apples, but you had to be quick, as word always spread fast! We used to tell jokes, sing a song or do a turn, kids these days just want the loot and run (and there you have it, I'm officially an old fart!)
Here's a few snaps from my recent trip, New Yorkers love Halloween, decorations followed where ever I went. My favourite has to be this town house off Bleeker St, I stood and looked at this while I polished off a cupcake from the Magnolia Bakery. The Chelsea Market was another amazing place if your a foody, you must check this out, a plethora of goodies to be had.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh I'm so jealous! I WISH we celebrated Halloween in Australia as much as you guys do, I don't think I ever went trick or treating as a kid... I hope you have a happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I saw a few of kids in pointy hats and sheets roaming the streets but it all felt a bit lacklustre. If we're going to start celebrating Halloween we may as well do it properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they really go for it over there!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to leave a comment for sleekit x

Related Posts with Thumbnails Bookmark and Share