Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Carlton Gardens and colour






My weekend was a bit of non event, caught the cold and spent most of it on the couch or in bed, felt robbed when Monday morning came round and it was back to work, ppfff. Thankfully, my cold has buggered off and yesterday I took a very pleasant stroll through Carlton Gardens, in the heart of the CBD and just a stones throw from my work. It's such a pretty, peaceful place and with no one around, the perfect back drop for a shoot.
In my previous post, I discussed my love for a pop of colour in Winter. I love black too, but when I wear it, it has to be with a wee bit of colour; however there are some ladies in the blogesphere who rock a head to toe black look, enter Sea of Ghosts
Adding a statement pair of tights or accessories can really bring a dark palette to life. With this outfit, I've gone for mustard and gold to give this outfit some presence, I like it, hope you like it too.

black top: Desaku
mustard top: ASOS
tights: Ok-Ok
bag: Sportsgirl
belt: Sportsgirl
shoes: Melissa
skirt: ASOS
coat: Witchery
cuff: Diva
brolly: Gifted

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love these photos!
    You look so happy.

    I used to live across the road from those gardens and miss it terribly at times.

    Like you though, they are just a stones throw away from my work.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blithely Unaware - thanks lovely, I think I look happy too...we should so meet in the middle one day!

    Australian Fashion Review blog - I love all the ok-ok tights, such a great brand

    Sleekit x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a man I wouldn't mind wearing those tights under a pair of shorts in public.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to leave a comment for sleekit x

Related Posts with Thumbnails Bookmark and Share